Mutli Utility Smart Metering
Smart Meters are electronic devices enabling two-way communication and data transfer between customers and (utility) service providers, in Real Time.
Multi utility meters are a triple play solution for electricity/water/gas utilities, or a dual play mixture for any two these segments.
- For utilities: theft and fraud reduction, elimination of wrong billing and meter reading costs.
- For end users: accurate readings and peak consumption analysis to control and reduce energy consumption.
The Economics behind Smart Metering
Based on a 2014 EU Commission report on the deployment of Smart Metering:
- Close to 200 million smart meters for electricity and 45 million for gas will be rolled out in the EU by 2020, representing a potential investment of €45 billion.
- By 2020, it is expected that almost 72% of European consumers will have a smart meter for electricity, about 40% will have one for gas.
- The cost of installing a smart meter in the EU is on average between €200 and €250.
- On average, smart meters provide savings of €160 for gas and €309 for electricity per metering point (distributed amongst consumers, suppliers, distribution system operators, etc.) as well as an average energy saving of 3%.
Focus Segments: Commercial and Industrial
- Amera addresses the enterprise market which is characterized by the need for robust and reliable devices.
- Our in-house solution is suitable and customizable for retail, warehousing, logistics, manufacturing and facility management.
- Versatile Components Integration:
Water, Gas, Electricity, Security Intrusion Logs, Light & Temperature Sensors
- Open Protocols and Connectivity Support:
Ethernet, Digital I/O, ModBus, Serial RS232/485, ports, Wi-Fi & ZigBee, 3/4G modules
- Inhouse Development of Hardware:
InMeter & NPDIO components
- Monitoring and Control Embedded Features:
Programmatic scheduling & sensor based decision making
- Integrated Analytics:
Proactive measurements and Statistical Reporting dashboard
Technical Overview: Design, Sensor Connectivity, Protocols
Amera promotes a Smart Metering solution that we developed in-house.
Pls. contact us for more information.